Thursday, June 11, 2009

éS Internship of A Lifetime



About two months ago that is what I saw after submitting my website and a short statement explaining why I wanted to hit the road with the éS Game of SKATE to take photos. Honestly, the next thing I expected to hear about the contest was an update on the éS site (which I checked daily) awarding some California photographer this amazing oppurtunity, but it was a bit sooner when my phone rang on a particularly slow day of workm which happened to be the day of the judging for Red Bull Get It On Record, and Mark Waters and Jay Brundege at éS were on the other end running through some questions with me, the biggest of which being "Would you be interested in hitting the road with us?" And just two days later they called to let me know that out of everyone who applied, and the finalists they interviewed, they had chosen me.





From there out the whirlwind began. I had to quit my job, find a leaser for and move out of my apartment, and gather everything I would need for an entire three months of skateboarding, taking photos, and living out of a van, basically a dream summer, and did I mention it was all expenses paid in addition to getting college credit. And now here I am, on Jay's couch, two Games and two weeks down, many more to come. We will be leaving Sunday for everywhere from Seattle to New York to Tampa and back. There will be lots more to see over at the éS Game of SKATE Website where I and others from the tour will be blogging from the road. My first post is up there now, so click the picture to check it out:

No comments: